CASA of DuPage County, Inc. Calls DuPage Residents and Businesses
to Action for Child Abuse Prevention Month
(Wheaton, IL) – In honor of National Child Abuse Prevention Month CASA of DuPage County, Inc. is issuing a call to action for residents and businesses of DuPage to stand against child abuse and take action to support children who have been abused or neglected.
In January and February the Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra’s Community Outreach Program sponsored visits to nine elementary schools in eight western suburbs—Hillside, Berkeley, Bensenville, Lombard, Villa Park, Willowbrook, Wood Dale and Westmont--performing for over 3,500 school children during the visits. One of those schools was Child’s Voice for hearing-impaired children, where the musicians played for children with cochlear implants. A generous grant from the JCS Fund of the DuPage Foundation and a gift from Shirley Myers helped fund the programs. Three additional schools in Western Springs will be visited in May during their Music in the Schools day.
There’s No Place Like Home
‘House & Home’ exhibition tours America’s residential landscape at Elmhurst History Museum
ELMHURST, IL – Home. It’s where we all come from. Whether we have lived in military barracks or college dormitories; in rental apartments or condos; in public housing or gated communities; in trailer parks or row houses—where we live is home. But the word “home” also reminds us of where we grew up and the type of house we dream about and work toward.
What better way to spend a spring afternoon than to join family and friends at a benefit for the Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra at Pinstripes in Oak Brook, on Saturday, April 8 from 12:00 to 4:00 p.m. Located at 7 Oak Brook Mall, Pinstripes offers fun for family members of all ages. Games, good food, music, laughter and good times are all on the menu. Let’s Play! (bowling and bocce), Let’s Eat! (pizza, flatbread and more buffet), and Let’s Hear! (Lake Effect band with music from the 50s, 60s and 70s) will be in the spotlight throughout the afternoon. Come early and enjoy every minute. This is an event you and your family will not want to miss!
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Musicians at Mayslake Presents "All That Jazz" April 6
- The winners of the Dr. Robert Stanger Young Artists Audition for 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade Unit to Honor Sutherland’s Memory
- Gould & Ratner Adds Three Associates
- Elmhurst Businesswomen Appointed to EEDC
- Elmhurst Economic Development Commison Elects Shanklin Chair, Reichert Vice Chair
- We've Got Rhythm
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Presents “Latin Sensations” March 11
- Elmhurst Centre for Performing Arts expands volunteer team
- Creative Inks and ABC Printing Company Merger!