Runners and walkers come join us on Saturday, May 6th at 9AM for the running of the Human Race. It will be held at the Esplanade at Locust Point in Downers Grove, which is only about six miles from Elmhurst. When registering please select the Elmhurst-Yorkfield Food Pantry as your charity of choice. This is important because 50% of your entry fee will be donated to EYFP.
Elmhurst, IL – GreenMan Theatre is pleased to announce the cast for their final production of the 2017-2018 season, A Tale of Two Cities. Ten talented actors from throughout the Chicago area will bring Charles Dickens’ classic novel of romance and revolution to life in Christopher Walsh’s stirring adaptation this spring. A Tale of Two Cities runs three weekends at the First United Methodist Church, 232 S. York St., Elmhurst. The production opens Friday, May 5 and closes May 21. Performances are Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:30 and Sundays at 2:00. Tickets are $17 for adults and $15 for students and seniors. There is ample free parking onsite, but seating is limited. For more information about the production or to purchase tickets please call 630-464-2646, or visit www.greenmantheatre.org.
Talent abounds in “Musical Monuments,” the final concert of the Elmhurst Symphony’s 56th season on Saturday, May 6 at 7:00 p.m., when acclaimed pianist Adam Neiman and Stanger Young Artist Audition winner, violinist Karisa Chiu, join the orchestra for an evening of spectacular music-making. From Finland’s northern lights to Norway’s fjords, the drama and charm of northern Europe come alive with symphonic masterworks. Grieg’s Piano Concerto in A minor, Op. 16--one of the best-loved works of all time, Sibelius’ Violin Concerto in D minor, Op. 47
Bethel United Church of Christ presents acclaimed pianist Jeffrey Panko on Saturday, April 22nd at 7 p.m., as part of its Music@Bethel Concert Series. Artistic Director and Minister of Music Jeffrey Panko will present a solo performance featuring the music of Bach, Schubert, Beethoven, Busoni and Enrique Granados in a concert that is sure to thrill and inspire people of all ages.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra's Annual Outreach Program Engages Students
- There’s No Place Like Home
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Hosts Benefit at Pinstripes in Oak Brook April 8
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Musicians at Mayslake Presents "All That Jazz" April 6
- The winners of the Dr. Robert Stanger Young Artists Audition for 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade Unit to Honor Sutherland’s Memory
- Gould & Ratner Adds Three Associates
- Elmhurst Businesswomen Appointed to EEDC
- Elmhurst Economic Development Commison Elects Shanklin Chair, Reichert Vice Chair