The public is invited to attend the 2017 Dr. Robert Stanger Young Artists Auditions on Saturday, February 11, at Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church, 149 W. Brush Hill Rd. in Elmhurst. Hours are from 8:30 to 11:45 a.m. and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Those attending this free event may come and go throughout the day. Everyone is invited to attend a luncheon at Park Place from 11:45 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., prepared by award-winning English chef Pearsey Tormey. The cost for the luncheon is $22 per person; to make reservations please call the ESO office at 630-941-0202.
In a musical feast for lovers of the Baroque, the Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra presents “1-2-3-4 Baroque” at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 22 at Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church. You will be taken on an adventure through the genre of the Baroque concerto in this program featuring concertos for one, two, three and even four soloists. The program opens with Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach’s Sinfonia No. 3 in A major, followed by J. S. Bach’s Concerto for Harpsichord in A major and Vivaldi’s Concerto for Two Cellos in G minor. Concluding the program are J. S. Bach’s Concerto for Flute, Violin and Harpsichord and Vivaldi’s Concerto for Four Violins.
18th annual exhibition supports arts education with tours and scholarships for students
ELMHURST, Ill., December 21, 2016 – In January, Elmhurst College celebrates the work of young artists and public school art programs from around the Chicago area during the 18th Annual High School Art Exhibition.
The Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Musicians in Performance at Mayslake series continues its season with Concerto Mania—Vivaldi and Bach at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 14, 2017, at Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St. in Oak Brook.
- Announcement - Men of Spirito! now holding auditions for Spring Session
- Lexington Health Care of Elmhurst Celebrating 25 Years of Excellence!
- Colorful abstracts by Holly Cohn displayed in Elmhurst art show
- The Oriana Singers to Perform at Bethel UCC
- Share Your Passion for Innovation: AT&T is Hiring Retail Sales Consultants!
- Better collaboration called for to grow $2.5 Billion tourism business in DuPage
- York Distinguished Alumni Program
- Wild Abundant Life Announces Merge with NEXT Yoga
- The Elmhurst Symphony Musicians Open it's Season With "Clarinetissimo"
- Come Experience an Insider's View of Elmhurst College