The Elmhurst Symphony Musicians in Performance at Mayslake series concludes its 2016-17 season with “All That Jazz” at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 6 at Mayslake Peabody Estate, 1717 W. 31st St. in Oak Brook. ESO Assistant Conductor Allison Gaines will lead a selected group of ESO musicians in an evening of jazz—with strings attached! Join them for jazz with a classical twist when area musicians Patti Garvey (cello), Anthony Perry (piano), Alison Gaines (bass), and Kevin Kosnik (drums) present a program of jazz standards and jazz-classical fusion. Featured in the first half of the program are standards like Dizzy Gillespie’s Night in Tunisia. In the second half, the group showcases selections from Claude Bolling’s Jazz Suite for Cello with an updated, more improvisatory interpretation of Bolling’s classical work. This is an evening of music you will not want to miss!
The winners of the Dr. Robert Stanger Young Artists Audition for 2017 have been announced by the Elmhurst Symphony Association. Held on February 11 at Elmhurst Christian Reformed Church in Elmhurst, the competition showcased 25 outstanding high school musicians from many of the western suburbs. Special thanks go to this year's judges, Jean Hatmaker, Susan Merdinger and Dianne Ryan, who spent many hours listening to and critiquing these spectacular young performers, choosing four winners:
St. Patrick’s Day Parade Unit to Honor Sutherland’s Memory with Fundraising Effort
- Elmhurst Businesswomen Appointed to EEDC
- Elmhurst Economic Development Commison Elects Shanklin Chair, Reichert Vice Chair
- We've Got Rhythm
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Presents “Latin Sensations” March 11
- Elmhurst Centre for Performing Arts expands volunteer team
- Creative Inks and ABC Printing Company Merger!
- Public Invited to Elmhurst Symphony Stanger Young Artists Auditions
- Elmhurst Symphony Presents 1-2-3-4 Baroque January 22
- ELMHURST COLLEGE SHOWCASES ARTWORK FROM 10 AREA HIGH SCHOOLS
- Elmhurst Symphony Musicians at Maylake Presents "Concerto Mania"