Talent abounds in “Musical Monuments,” the final concert of the Elmhurst Symphony’s 56th season on Saturday, May 6 at 7:00 p.m., when acclaimed pianist Adam Neiman and Stanger Young Artist Audition winner, violinist Karisa Chiu, join the orchestra for an evening of spectacular music-making. From Finland’s northern lights to Norway’s fjords, the drama and charm of northern Europe come alive with symphonic masterworks. Grieg’s Piano Concerto in A minor, Op. 16--one of the best-loved works of all time, Sibelius’ Violin Concerto in D minor, Op. 47
Bethel United Church of Christ presents acclaimed pianist Jeffrey Panko on Saturday, April 22nd at 7 p.m., as part of its Music@Bethel Concert Series. Artistic Director and Minister of Music Jeffrey Panko will present a solo performance featuring the music of Bach, Schubert, Beethoven, Busoni and Enrique Granados in a concert that is sure to thrill and inspire people of all ages.
CASA of DuPage County, Inc. Calls DuPage Residents and Businesses
to Action for Child Abuse Prevention Month
(Wheaton, IL) – In honor of National Child Abuse Prevention Month CASA of DuPage County, Inc. is issuing a call to action for residents and businesses of DuPage to stand against child abuse and take action to support children who have been abused or neglected.
In January and February the Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra’s Community Outreach Program sponsored visits to nine elementary schools in eight western suburbs—Hillside, Berkeley, Bensenville, Lombard, Villa Park, Willowbrook, Wood Dale and Westmont--performing for over 3,500 school children during the visits. One of those schools was Child’s Voice for hearing-impaired children, where the musicians played for children with cochlear implants. A generous grant from the JCS Fund of the DuPage Foundation and a gift from Shirley Myers helped fund the programs. Three additional schools in Western Springs will be visited in May during their Music in the Schools day.
- There’s No Place Like Home
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Hosts Benefit at Pinstripes in Oak Brook April 8
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Musicians at Mayslake Presents "All That Jazz" April 6
- The winners of the Dr. Robert Stanger Young Artists Audition for 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade Unit to Honor Sutherland’s Memory
- Gould & Ratner Adds Three Associates
- Elmhurst Businesswomen Appointed to EEDC
- Elmhurst Economic Development Commison Elects Shanklin Chair, Reichert Vice Chair
- We've Got Rhythm
- Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra Presents “Latin Sensations” March 11